The Federal Emergency Management Agency has prepared the 2017 National Seasonal Preparedness Messaging Calendar & key messages which provides you with content to promote preparedness all year.
- Make a family emergency communication plan and include your pets.
- Identify an out of town emergency contact to coordinate information with family/friends.
- Check on neighbors.
- Keep an emergency kit wherever you spend time: home, car, work etc.
- Download the FEMA App and set up local alerts
- Listen to local officials by radio, TV, or social media and take action.
- Practice your preparedness plans with a drill or exercise.
- Take a first aid class so you can help until first responders arrive.
For more information, visit www.ready.gov/calendar.